Essential Fertility Check for Women £500
A woman may want to know more about her fertility if she is thinking of getting pregnant, deciding whether to delay having a baby until the time is right, or considering freezing her eggs for the future. It is also the first step in deciding whether to have treatment as a single woman with the help of donor sperm.
Around 1 in 7 couples in the UK will have difficulty getting pregnant. There are several risk factors that if controlled, treated, or modified can increase your chances of getting pregnant.
The comprehensive consultation with one of our experienced Gynaecologists will include an ultrasound scan and explore your personal and family history, looking for risk factors by measuring your blood pressure and BMI and exploring lifestyle factors like smoking, alcohol, exercise, diet and other important health markers. The Essential Fertility Check for Women also includes hormone and sexual health tests. For the most accurate results, you should book your appointment on day 2-5 of a menstrual cycle.
- A consultation with one of our Consultant Gynaecologists
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan with antral follicle count
- Pulse and blood pressure check
- Measurement of height and weight with BMI calculation
- Hormone tests (blood) – AMH, LH, FSH
- Sexual Health tests (swabs) – Trichomonas vaginalis, Candida, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Gardnerella, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea
- A medical report that will highlight any areas of concern and advice on lifestyle changes you can make yourself
Semen Analysis for a male partner can be added upon the patient’s request for an additional cost of £179.
If the Essential Fertility Check for Women identifies a need for further investigation, further appointments and/or tests will incur an additional cost.