An ultrasound scan is a painless test that provides images of the inside of the body by using high frequency sound waves.
Ultrasound does not involve radiation (unlike X-ray, MRI or CT scans). It is live imaging, not still pictures. This live information on the screen is interpreted and is used for diagnostic purposes.
There are many kinds of ultrasound scans:
- Abdominal ultrasound is used to examine the liver, kidneys, gallbladder, spleen, aorta, pancreas, and blood vessels of the abdomen. In addition, this ultrasound helps to detect stones in the kidneys and gallbladder, various cysts, and some tumors.
- Pelvic and Transrectal ultrasound is used to examine the prostate, bladder, reproductive organs, vascular structures, adnexal masses, lymph nodes.
- Pregnancy ultrasound is used to examine and visualise a baby (embryo or fetus) within a pregnant woman, as well as the women’s ovaries and uterus.
- Vascular ultrasound is used to examine arteries or veins in the neck, arms, legs or head.
- One organ ultrasound aimed to assess a particular organ or body part: thyroid, scrotum, breast, testicles, soft tissue lumps and bumps and many more structures.
- Echocardiogram is used to examine the heart and peripheral vascular structures.
|Abdominal Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Pelvic Ultrasound Scan||£200|
|Cardiac Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Thyroid Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Urinary Tract (kidney, prostate) Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Breast Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Follicle Tracking (fertility) Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Pregnancy Ultrasound Scan (2D)||£200|
|Pregnancy Ultrasound Scan (3D/4D)||£300|
|Testicular (Scrotal) Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Neck, Arm or Leg Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Carotid Ultrasound Scan||£200|
|Soft Tissue (lumps, bumps) Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|One Organ Ultrasound Scan||£150|
|Venous Duplex Scan (one leg)||£150|
|Venous Duplex Scan (both legs)||£200|
|Ultrasound Scan (One Area) Provided at Central London Partner Clinic||£250|
|Ultrasound Scan (Two Areas)Provided at Central London Partner Clinic||£375|
|Ultrasound Guided InjectionsProvided at Central London Partner Clinic||£460|